The Royal British Legion’s Independent Living Service covers England, Wales and Northern Ireland. We offer beneficiaries a high quality, friendly and professional service to live safe and well at home. The Independent Living Service comprises of two services; the Independent Living Advice Service and the Legion Handy Van Service.
We offer support face to face, over the telephone and email to help beneficiaries work towards goals that are important to them.
This means we could help with:
- Specialist Information and Advice-About Independent Living Options
- Aids and Adaptations
- Assistance with Disabled Facilities Grants and Challenges
- Small maintenance jobs
- Home safety checks
- Winter warmth checks
- Help and support to navigate social services
- Help and support to challenge decisions
- Help to address isolation and loneliness
- Information on local services
- Setting up your own social groups
- Help to understand your rights and speak up
Who can use this Service?
A beneficiary is anybody who has served, is currently serving in the armed forces or are a dependent, spouse or partner of someone who is serving or has served.
Call our friendly contact centre on:
0808 802 8080– Open 8am-8pm- 7 days a week
Or visit one of our pop in centres: